Questions can be directed to John Swanson at TIE – firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-394-1876.
The 2020 Aspiring School Leaders Retreat has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The program will be held next year on April 27-28, 2021 at the K-Bar-S Lodge near Keystone, SD.
Key Facts & Features
- The retreat is provided free of charge!
- Lodging and meals will also be provided.
- Districts are responsible for travel costs to and from the retreat and the costs of a substitute teacher.
- You must be nominated by a member of your school’s administration.
- Application deadline: March 20.
- Notification of acceptance: March 31.
- Max capacity: 30 participants.
- One graduate credit will be available from the University of Sioux Falls for $40.
Application Essay Questions
- Where do you see your career headed in the next five years?
- What do you consider the highlights of your career in education so far?
- What do you think is your major contribution to your school district?
- Describe your activities in your local community.
- Why do you want to be included in this program?
- 8:00 AM – Welcome, Introductions, and School Leadership Questions
- 10:00 AM – School Leaders Panel Discussion
- 1:00 PM – Leadership Simulations
- 3:00 PM – Reading Assignments, Graduate Credit, and SASD Scholarship
- 8:00 AM – Hacking Leadership: Ten Ways Great Leaders Inspire Learning
- 9:30 AM – The Listening Leader
- 11:00 AM – A Conversation with the SD Secretary of Education
- 1:00 PM – Reflection, Graduation, and Closure
- 1:30 PM – Adjourn